Thursday, January 22, 2009

We Have Been Blessed

We came home last night from surgery and she is doing great. I can't help but feel a bit of relief after having her Broviac Tube removed and seeing her running around and feeling good. I have been in tears off and on since last night. I feel so blessed! We are not in the clear, but we are well on our way.
I have a good friend that lives here in my neighborhood that I have found as such a comfort while my family has been going through this difficult time. She used to work up at the Children's Hospital in the oncology ICS unit. I have been able to get some wonderful tips and ideas from her, Thank You! She gave me the idea of having my daughters pictures taken before her hair starts to grow back. She gave me the name of a very good photographer that is a part of "The Littlest Heroes Project". You should look up their website to see what they do, people are so wonderful: (http://www.littlestheroesproject.org/Littlest_Heroes_Project/Home.html)
I called up the photographer and she graciously squeezed us into her schedule very quickly. So on Monday I headed up to her studio for a photo shoot of my little hero. You can look at a couple of her photos on her blog, the pictures are absolutely darling: (http://www.vizionphotography.blogspot.com) I am compelled to again thank all of our many angels that we have encounter during this journey we have been on. I have felt the spirit so strongly over the last couple of days realizing how much love my Heavenly Father has for me and my family. No matter how difficult life has gotten we have always been blessed with the ability to recognize the spirit giving us strength during this time. We are all sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father and I know that his love for us is constant. No matter what stage of life we are in, no matter what struggles we are going through, no matter what mistakes we have made, no matter the challenges we encounter, his love is always there for us! I wish I could give everyone the opportunity to feel what I am feeling in my heart, and understand what I am understanding right now. But, there is no way for me to do that other than writing it down and having you read it. I pray that you will feel the spirit of love that I am at this time and know how much our Heavenly Father loves each one of us, regardless! I know what I have written is true and I am so grateful for that understanding........ My family and I are so blessed.

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Just my 2 cents. The one photo that I wish I had was one with my bald son and me. I have handfuls of them with his dad and siblings. I am always behind the camera. I've been there every step of the way, but I don't have that one snapshot. Mom with her bald cancer child. It's so unbelievable that this has happened to him. It's so unbelievable that his chemo is finished. I hope he never has to be bald again. But I was there when he was and I loved him through all of it. For that, I would like the photo to put in my treasure chest.

Amy Marble said...

Those pictures are so precious!! Thanks for sharing them with everyone. I'm glad to hear that all went well with her surgery and she's doing great at home! I loved reading the testimony you shared - it was really sweet. I know we haven't seen much of each other since we both were married and went our own ways, but I'm glad that we've been able to get in touch again. Thanks for your example and your strength - it's really impressive to me - I'm not sure how I would hold up under the challenges you have had. Maybe when things are a little less crazy for you - we could get some of the girls that are still around together for lunch or something. It would be fun to catch up with everyone.
Amy

Anonymous said...

No parents should have to endure such a heartbreaking trial. I so admire your strength and courage. I am so proud of your little family and the beautiful way you are facing this adversity and inspiring so many. Love you to pieces!

Mary said...

Thank you for sharing your testimony and giving us an insight on what your family has been going through. You are pretty amazing.

Wendy said...

Sarah,
what a beautiful testimony and spirit you have! Thanks for letting me a part of your journey, we should have gotten a shot with you and Alyssa together like Jennifer said. If you want to do one I would be happy to!

Tara said...

Those pictures turned out great! How could they not, she is so dang cute! Wendy is wonderful. We pray that immune system keeps going up and all is well with you all. Let me know if you all need anything, anything. We love you guys.

Missy said...

You are such a great example to me. I am so glad that we are neighbors.

michelle said...

Those pictures are so darling! That is so neat that the photography has that project. I love those photos! She is so stinken cute! I am so glad that you have some relief, even if your not all the way there yet, your so close. I to am so grateful for Angels, for the spirit, and for blessings that come from our Father in Heaven. Thanks for sharing your testimony, and I am so glad she is doing better.